Friday, January 28, 2011

January's Cold Outside

January's Cold Outside
Submitted by Kathryn Burton Castleton

Making a few comments might be a good idea while I'm gathering information for this blog.  It's really exciting to get into the histories of our ancestry and it's wonderful to see people become followers of this blog.  Sharing it with your family is what it's for, so feel free to send them the blog address and tell them to join!  Thanks so much for your support.

Typing time is precious and I am trying to do it as quickly as I can to get histories of our ancestors up on this blog.  The other night, at about 3 AM I decided to call it a night and go to bed.  When I got up from the chair there was a sense of very disappointed people standing around waiting for me to type more.  I felt like explaining myself to them all. Maybe my explanation would go something like, "I'm sorry guys, I really have to go to sleep.  I have to work in the morning. A tired preschool teacher is not a happy preschool teacher."  As I closed the door to the room where I was typing there was a feeling of longing.  Someone behind the door wanted to make me promise to come back.

Whether it's on this blog or around the dinner table or through emails, I know it's important to get the histories of our ancestors out to as many people as possible. The purpose of our blog is to tell these stories  and be strengthened from the history and experiences of our GREAT grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. So true!! I'm happy to help. I'll come get some histories and help you do the typing. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete